sim question

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

marksmithhfx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

sim question

Post by marksmithhfx » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 pm

Is there anyway to download the "container" from the simulator, similar to what you can do with Xcode when you install on a real iPhone device? (I think "container" goes by various names, including sandbox?). I've tried switching to "simulator" in Xcode (from "Device") but don't see anything when I do that and select the appropriate iPhone model (which is running in the simulator). So perhaps there is another way to do this? Cheers and thanks,

PS I am after the sqlite file I install with my app, if that helps.

Mark
macOS 12.6.5 (Monterey), Xcode 14.2, LC 10.0.0, iOS 15.6.1
Targets: Mac, iOS

marksmithhfx

Re: sim question

Post by marksmithhfx » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:14 pm

marksmithhfx wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 pm
Is there anyway to download the "container" from the simulator, similar to what you can do with Xcode when you install on a real iPhone device? (I think "container" goes by various names, including sandbox?). I've tried switching to "simulator" in Xcode (from "Device") but don't see anything when I do that and select the appropriate iPhone model (which is running in the simulator). So perhaps there is another way to do this? Cheers and thanks,

PS I am after the sqlite file I install with my app, if that helps.

Mark
To answer my own question there is a discussion on StackOverflow that addresses this...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/464 ... 89#4644189

Among the various suggestions the following worked for me to access the Sqlite file...
1 On the dock, right click on Finder, select Go To Folder
2 Paste in the following (with your username), and click Go: /Users/yourusername/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices
3 On the top right corner of the Finder window search for the database name you are looking for, then make sure the Search location is set to "Devices" folder, not the whole "This Mac".
I had some difficulty with step 2, but here's an alternate way to do the same thing:
1. select the Finder
2. hold down the Option key and select the “Go” menu
3. Library should appear in the list, select it.
4. Do the rest (/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices) by clicking on folders.
5. Once inside Devices, the advice in step 3 (list above) worked like a charm.
Best,
Mark
macOS 12.6.5 (Monterey), Xcode 14.2, LC 10.0.0, iOS 15.6.1
Targets: Mac, iOS

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”