Am I stuck on moving to Catalina?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

trevix

Am I stuck on moving to Catalina?

Post by trevix » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:32 pm

For several reasons I decided not to upgrade my OSX Mojave to Catalina. One reason is because it excludes 32 apps, but I have goggled may more problems about it.
Unfortunately I made the error of upgrading my iPhone to 13.5.1 (required in order to use the Italian App dedicated to Covid). So now I am not able anymore, with LC9.6.0, to install my standalone directly in my hardware, using xCode 11.3.1

xCode 11.4 needs Catalina and, I suppose, also Xcode 11.5 when the LC version will support it.

What I find strange is that I am able to install my App, generated with xCode11.3.1, on the iPhone using the alpha test of App Store Connect.

What's the difference? Is any way to bypass this thing? Should I pass to Catalina and upgrade dozens of OSX Apps and face the many unknowns that will arise?
Trevix
OSX 14.3.1 xCode 15 LC 10 DP7 iOS 15> Android 7>

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Am I stuck on moving to Catalina?

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:11 am

Hello Roberto,

Nope, you do not need to upgrade to Catalina.

You can still use LC 9.6.0 on Mojave with Xcode 11.3.x to build and install an iOS app to your iPhone running iOS 13.5.1.

What error are you getting when you try to do so?

Kind regards,
Panos
--

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:34 pm

SuperCard (which doesn't run on Catalina) recommends installing Parallels and an earlier OSX in order to run 32-bit apps. :roll:

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/WdNjnCVDjNY

trevix

Post by trevix » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:22 am

Thanks Pano. You were right.
Somehow, after updating the iPhone, Xcode would not allow to install my standalone.
After a OSX restart, everything works. Mah...

I think we need a database or an app to unravel among all possible version combination of LC,OS,iOS,Android,Xcode,simulator,built in extensions and who knows what else.
Trevix
OSX 14.3.1 xCode 15 LC 10 DP7 iOS 15> Android 7>

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”