LiveCode 9 Question

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

lohill

LiveCode 9 Question

Post by lohill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Now that a stable LiveCode 9.5 has been released I figured it was about time I learned to use LC9. I have looked ate it in previous releases and always been discouraged with all the "drop-down-stuff" that happens when you start to write some code in the IDE. I have figured out how to use the up-down arrow keys to scroll down through the code suggestions and to use the right-left arrow keys for the commands with multiple forms. My question is this: Once I have found the command that best describes what I want, how do I select it? Hitting return does not pull the command I want into my code it just starts a new line. There must be a way to pull that suggested form into my code for editing.

Larry

Klaus

Re: LiveCode 9 Question

Post by Klaus » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Hi Larry,

try TAB! :-)

Best

Klaus

lohill

Post by lohill » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Thanks for info Klaus. That is about the only key I didn't think of trying.

Larry

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:59 pm

You can turn off the suggestions entirely if you want, look for the Options menu item in the debugger menus. That's where you can toggle all the editor features.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

lohill

Post by lohill » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks Jacque,

Had I found those earlier I might have spent more time with LC 9. But now that Klaus told me about the "tab" I think I will try to get used to using the suggestions. Looked at the Snippets Manager and see that I can add or delete them but how do I use an existing snippet?

Thanks,
Larry

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”