I have found a couple of posts that say you can use beacons specifivcally Ibeacons with Livecode and Monte's MergBLE
In one thread Dixie says he used kontakt.io beacons with the MergCL external instead (why)
From my understanding when MergEXT was bought in and Monte came for the Ride it was only for IOS but promised that it would be extended for other operating systems
In another thread, someone asks can Beacons be controlled using Livecode and QuailCreek answers MergBLE is available in the Indy and Business versions but doesn't say it doesn't work in Android thus intimating that it can be used in both mobile operationg systems.
The Documentation/Dictionary says OS - IOS/OSX and PLatforms - Desktop/Mobile - not very specific as IOS is mobile in the Platforms and the Word Mobile suggests BOTH IOS and Android.
My questions are thus (for other time challenged seekers of Livecode Wisdom from the trenches)
1. Can MergBL be used with Android
2. if Not then How best to do it
3. Is there any more (any?) documentation other than standard API/header calls -
4. Any other Wisdom , Tips, Tricks, Do's and Don'ts (will save others a hell of a lot of searching I hope)Don't Make me think - show me the Banana
5. A fully working stack with Beautiful GUI crafted by Scott Rossi that does everything I would ever need with a beacon (except the ordering of Coffee and Eggs when the Fridge is empty) - well it's worth a try
KIndest Regards Lagi