RevBrowser Scrolling

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

lohill

RevBrowser Scrolling

Post by lohill » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:25 pm

The attached stack is intended to present a modal window for the user to respond to. I want the stack to open showing a particular web site with boundaries and scroll bars set to show and where the user can scroll down to a button at the bottom of the screen. On the Mac side it does exactly what I want. On the PC side, the web page appears but it does not show any boundaries or scroll bars on the image. Further more, if you try to scroll by manually by swiping the track pad, you can scroll but it never will scroll to the bottom of the screen. It stops about an inch from the bottom and the user can never get to that button at the bottom. I am using Windows 7 on the PC and the LiveCode is 7.1.3.

You can easily see this in the IDE, first on a Mac and then a PC. The openCard script is where most everything happens. Is this a bug in LiveCode or am I just lucky everything works on a Mac. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ideally I would like the screen to be automatically scrolled to the bottom, that is why the line with "scroll" but I would be OK with the PC user just having scroll bars.

Thanks,
Larry
Attachments
RevBrowser Scroll Test.zip
(2.56 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

lohill

Re: RevBrowser Scrolling

Post by lohill » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:28 pm

I have discovered that the file I uploaded is not normal. I'm not sure why unless it is related to that fact that it was designed to me modal originally. I wanted to to try the scrollbar toggling as is mentioned in the RevDictionary notes but when I downloaded and opened it, I couldn't access the script of the card. The stack displays the Mac behavior versus the PC behavior that I wanted to show but no matter which version of LiveCode I use to bring up the downloaded version again, nether the Project Browser nor the Application Browser will show it. How can I get to its script?

Larry

lohill

Post by lohill » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Here is another attempt tp upload a sample of this problem. This time there is a button on the stack called "Toggle Scrollbars" and if you look at this in the IDE of the Mac you will see that it behaves normally. If you try the same stack on the PC you will not see any scrollbars no matter how many times you press the toggle. If you look closely though you will see that the text at the top is being reformatted to accommodate scroll bars even though they do not show. Is this a bug?

Larry
Attachments
UtilityADAdialog.livecode.zip
Watch the text when toggling on a PC
(3.08 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Simon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:34 pm

Hi Larry,
I'm on win 7 LC 7.1.2 and I see the scrollbars (while in the IDE) the toggle btn works as expected.
Was able to scroll down and press the Run Screener button got the Command Successful (takes 20-30 sec) message but the Save Data locked up the stack with 6K+ records.
Maybe I don't understand the test?

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:42 pm

2016-04-05_1437.png
On
2016-04-05_1438.png
Off
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

lohill

Post by lohill » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi Simon,

The test was only to see if the scroll bars could be made to show up in Win 7. I extracted that stack from part of a bigger project where those 64 K+ records would have been saved. I have tried this in LC 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 and when I get the stack in the IDE of the PC, the scroll bars never show up nor can I, with swiping, get the browser window to scroll all the way to the bottom. I never can see that "Run Screener" button The only difference in what you are doing then must be the fact that my Windows 7 is running under Parallels. I have never had a problem with that before however. I'm stumped!

By the way, had you been able to save the data, you would have obtained the Symbol, Name and Average Daily Traded Amount in Dollars for 64K+ stocks. Works nicely on my Mac but I can't trust it on a my "PC". Unfortunately, most of people I would share this with are PC users.

Thanks for taking a look,
Larry

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”