revSetStackFileProfile: How fast? Is it blocking?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

trevix

revSetStackFileProfile: How fast? Is it blocking?

Post by trevix » Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:09 pm

Hello.
I use revSetStackFileProfile in order to change all the labels (many...) of my mobile standalone, according to the language chosen by the user.

I noticed that if the revSetStackFileProfile script is running too close in the script to other setting activity (like bluetooth, sockets, opening library, etc) the standalone crashes on Android 11 (not on iOS).

My question is: the line

Code: Select all

revSetStackFileProfile "English", "Referi" --= English, for example, takes more or less a second
sets everything in the standalone before releasing to the next script line or the script lines after that are run while stack, substacks, cards and controls are still being modified?

I tried to pinpoint the crash, but it does not happens while debugging line by line.
Thanks for any help.
Trevix
Trevix
OSX 14.3.1 xCode 15 LC 10 DP7 iOS 15> Android 7>

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: revSetStackFileProfile: How fast? Is it blocking?

Post by dunbarx » Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:57 pm

Hi.

Shooting in the dark here. Does that command set the result? If so, could you wait until the result is, likely, empty, until proceeding with the rest of the handler?

Craig

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”