LC Player on RPi

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

hutchfx

LC Player on RPi

Post by hutchfx » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:34 am

I made a stack that uses a player object to play a video from disk. It works on my Mac. Compiled for/copied to RPI, it runs, and the interface works, but will not display the video. There was no video player on the RPi, but I installed VLC, and it will play the video file, but the stack will not.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hutch

bogs

Re: LC Player on RPi

Post by bogs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:39 am

I would suggest try installing mplayer, I think someone mentioned once that it is the player Lc is looking for on 'nix.

[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by [-hh] » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 am

LC Player is not implemented for the Raspi.
You could use omxplayer (developed special for Raspi) which is hardware accelerated and knows all formats. This is already part of Raspbian so no user has to install additional apps for working with your app.
See https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... xplayer.md
The omxplayer can be (simply) called from LC via shell, simpler than VLC, for example.
shiftLock happens

hutchfx

Post by hutchfx » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:33 am

Thank you -hh. With OMXPlayer and Michael Doub's Master Library I have a working stack on my RPi that plays a video upon an I/O pin input!

I'm putting the video and audio through the HDMI port, and I get an audio "pop" when the file begins. Has anyone else experienced this? When I play the files using VLC it also pops, so I'm thinking it's either part of the files, or it's my little HDMI monitor.

bogs

Post by bogs » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:20 am

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it will either be your speaker (monitor, if they are built in), or the wire going to it, or it is possible I suppose that it could be something with the Pi itself.

"Popping" and "crackling" on speakers are usually caused by current issues. Luckily, all of that is really easily tested out, by -
* swap out the speaker
* swap out the cable (make sure it is well seated at both ends)
* plug the speaker or cable into a different source
* etc down the line till you find the issue.

Return to “Raspberry Pi”