Can you use the Idy Commercial 9.0 version of LiveCode to develop for Raspberry Pi?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

karmacomposer

Can you use the Idy Commercial 9.0 version of LiveCode to develop for Raspberry Pi?

Post by karmacomposer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:29 pm

I have LiveCode 9.0 Indy Commercial license with all deployment options.

Under downloads, I did notice a Rpi download option but clicking it gives me an error:

Code: Select all

Not Found
The requested URL /livecode/9_0_0/LiveCodeIndyInstaller-9_0_0-Linux.arm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
I am going to need to develop for Raspberry Pi, so can I use the normal Windows version to code for RPI or do I need this special version that gives me the error when I try to download it?

I noticed this is for Linux, which I do have on two of my computers. Can I develop on a Ubuntu 18.04 server running the graphical front end (gnome, I think)?

I have Windows 10, Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 server) and a 2010 Mac Book Pro available to me. Which one is best to develop for Raspberry Pi?

Thank you.

Mike

mrcoollion

Re: Can you use the Idy Commercial 9.0 version of LiveCode to develop for Raspberry Pi?

Post by mrcoollion » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Last edited by mrcoollion on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Can you use the Idy Commercial 9.0 version of LiveCode to develop for Raspberry Pi?

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:54 pm

I don't see RPi for any version later than 7.0.4, and all builds released to date have been for the Community Edition.

https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

Where is the "under Downloads" you referred to?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:31 pm

When I login to my account on LiveCode and go to DOWNLOADS the RPI option is right there with all the others - PC, Mac, etc

Mike

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks, Mike. AFAIK there's no proprietary edition of LiveCode available for RPi. I could be wrong, though. Sounds like a question for Support@livecode.com
Richard Gaskin

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Can you program Raspberry Pi with the common version or LiveCode?

I mean, there is a forum here after all, so I have to assume you can in some way and my next big project involves a Raspberry Pi board and Bluetooth, so I am getting ready.

Mike

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 pm

At this time the only edition of LiveCode for RPi that I'm aware of is governed by the GNU Public License. If sharing source code is one of the goals of your project the GPL is an excellent fit. If you need a proprietary license you will need to contact LiveCode to see if that's available.

In either case, AFAIK the most recent edition of LC/RPi is v7.0.4, so keep that in mind until either the company or the community updates with a build based on a more recent version of the code base.
Richard Gaskin

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Nope. This is closed source.

I may have to find another language then.

Mike

FourthWorld

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:40 pm

I would first check with the company to see if a licensing arrangement could be made.
Richard Gaskin

Return to “Raspberry Pi”