mergMK map issues when Splash Screens image png's are added

This is the place to get technical support and discuss all things to do with MergEXT

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller, monte

Bellballer1

mergMK map issues when Splash Screens image png's are added

Post by Bellballer1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Hello,

I am working on an app that includes a mergMK map. Thus far I have been able to test the app in the simulator and on my own iPhone, and everything works as it should. Specifically, the map is correctly placed within the lines of the rectangle graphic I use to display the map on one of the cards.

However, when I the add Splash Screens png’s for the various sizes of iPhones & iPads, in the Standalone Application Settings (I have the iOS build set for iPod, iPhone & iPad, 8.0 or later), and then test the app in the simulator and my phone, the map is no longer within the lines of the rectangle graphic and is now partially off screen. The splash screen does display properly and everything else in the app works as coded.

The map not being positioned where it should, only started occurring once I added the Splash Screen image png’s. As a matter of fact, if I delete the Splash Screen images and test the app in the simulator, the map appears as it should, within the boundaries of the rect graphic.

I am using LiveCode 9.6.0(dp3), Xcode 11.3.1, Mac (Catalina) 10.15.4 and iOS 13.4.1. I also have the “full screen mode” set to exact fit.

Not sure if this is a memory issue or what. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Charlie

LiveCode_Panos
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: mergMK map issues when Splash Screens image png's are added

Post by LiveCode_Panos » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Hello Charlie,

Have you tried with the latest stable build (9.6.1):

https://downloads.livecode.com/livecode/

(Note you'll need Xcode 11.5 for this on Catalina)

Kind regards,
Panos
--

Bellballer1

Re: mergMK map issues when Splash Screens image png's are added

Post by Bellballer1 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:21 pm

Hi Panos,

Thank you for the response. I have updated my version of LiveCode (now using 9.6.1) and Xcode (now using version 11.5) and my iOS to Catalina 10.15.16. I'm still having the same issue of the map displaying outside of the boundaries of my rectangle graphic, but now it happens if I include the Splash Screens images in the or not. This is how my map continues to display in the simulator.
Bitmap.png
Bitmap.png (39.72 KiB) Viewed 3855 times

Code: Select all

mergMKSet "rect", the rect of grc "map"
I have not been able to find a solution to this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Charlie

Return to “MergEXT”