MergDoc Print Not Working

This is the place to get technical support and discuss all things to do with MergEXT

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, robinmiller, monte

chelling

MergDoc Print Not Working

Post by chelling » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:59 pm

This is a cross post from one I made yesterday in the iOS Deploymnet forum. I didn't realize the MergEXT forum existed.

I am not sure if I suddenly have the wrong syntax or mergDoc is not getting included with standalone application settings. I have tried both manually and automatically. On the iPad, the preview sheet is not displaying. This is what I am using:

put specialFolderPath("Documents")& "/Test Session.pdf" into tPdfFile
set the printPaperOrientation to "landscape"
open printing to pdf tPdfFile
print this card from 0,0 to 1024,768 into 25,25,750,550
close printing
mergDocShowPreview tPdfFile

The last time I updated this app, I had to download the MergExt from livecode.com. That is no longer an option. I have checked the user guide and release notes for LiveCode 9, but still don't see what I am missing.

Thanks in advance.

chelling

Re: MergDoc Print Not Working

Post by chelling » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:45 pm

I changed put specialFolderPath("Documents")& "/Test Session.pdf" into tPdfFile to put specialFolderPath("engine")& "/Test Session.pdf" into tPdfFile per the LiveCode dictionary.
The line open printing to pdf tPdfFile was causing the error "Remote: button "printBtn": execution error at line 15 (printing: Unknown destination), char 1" so I commented the lines open printing to pdf tPdfFile and close printing. The PDF sheet comes up, but the card content is missing - the sheet is blank.

Does anyone have a recommendation or can point me in the direction of documentation/example stacks? Thanks!

Return to “MergEXT”