Unable to select fields

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

kendonnelly

Unable to select fields

Post by kendonnelly » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:33 pm

I am unable to select my input fields in our summer school app when it is running. I have everything working for the databases and displaying info, but for instance I cannot select any of the fields to enter info on a new contact. The postcode one is selected and has focus when I try to add, but I cannot select the others. Similarly, in the search field on the contacts card, it has focus and I can type in it, but I cannot click into the text somewhere to edit in, I can only delete back to the error and re-type.

It seems to me that since it is happening in different places and on different cards, it seems to be a global issue within the app, perhaps a setting. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ken
Ken Donnelly
Halifax, NS, Canada

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Unable to select fields

Post by LCNeil » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi Ken,

This is the behaviour to expect from the older revision of mobGui (i think it could be classed as a minor bug).

The fields that are created by mobGui are groups styled to the look of iOS and these groups contain both an image and a field control. The issue that is causing the field to not have focus when clicked is due to the image control being a layer above the text field. To resolve this, you will need to edit each mobGui created field to have the image control below the field control.

Select Group----->Edit Group from toolbar-----> Select image control----->Open object inspector----->Size/Position-----> Move Backwards Button

An alternative to doing this would be to use tab to go from field to field and the arrow keys to move the cursor within the field.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
LiveCode – Realize fast, compile-free coding
-- 

kendonnelly

Re: Unable to select fields

Post by kendonnelly » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Ok, Neil, that's done it. Thanks.

Cheers,

Ken