Downloading JDK 7

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

montymay

Downloading JDK 7

Post by montymay » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:02 am

I am unable to download the JDK 7 from the Oracle website. The file is named jdk-7u51-windows-x64-demos.zip. I have tried three different browsers and three different ISPs. I am running Windows 8.1 on a 64-bit computer. I have deleted all cookies. Firefox reports that the webpage is redirecting the request to the server in a way that will never complete. The URL in the address bar shows "EPD Error Embargoed Country." I would post the entire address in the bar but my account here says "Your account does not have permission to post links." Is Guam an embargoed country? Any suggestions appreciated.

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Downloading JDK 7

Post by LCNeil » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi montymay,

This sounds like the ip address that is assigned to you is part of a block that has been banned on the Java website. This would be something that you would have to contact Java directly about as we have no control over their policies.

With that being said, I have uploaded the JDK installer to the following address which should give you access to it in the mean time-

http://techsupport.on-rev.com/jdk%20win.zip

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
——

montymay

Re: Downloading JDK 7

Post by montymay » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:59 am

Hafa Adai (Hello in Chamorro) Neil,
Thanks for the link. I was hoping there was an alternative source. It installed successfully. No need for now to contact Oracle. On their website there is no obvious way to request help by email. There is a toll free phone number, but negotiating the voice mail is not easy for a "little guy." I will try and find out whether and why requests from Guam are blocked. Interesting.
Monty May

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”