Troubleshooting card transition

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

garyth123

Troubleshooting card transition

Post by garyth123 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi,

When I run my app on the simulator or on a device there is a transition between the first card and the next where two empty fields are briefly glimpsed -- they shouldn't be as I am using

lock screen for visual effect in rect "0,43,320,430"

These fields are not glimpsed in the LC stack, only in the simulator and and on the device.

In the Project Browser all fields are accounted for, and the fields that are glimpsed don't appear where the fields that belong on the second card are positioned as far as I can tell.

I hope I've managed to describe the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

TIA.

Simon
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Troubleshooting card transition

Post by Simon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:08 am

Hi Gary,
If you don't have "put empty into field..." on any of your preOpenCard or other (maybe just comment it out for this test) you could just put this into a button
global i
repeat with x =1 to the number of fields of this card
add 1 to i
put i into field x
end repeat
OK so all that is doing is putting a number into a field :roll: but it will fill any hidden/unknown fields as well, at least when you see the 2 fields show up there would be something in them. Doing a search on field text will help you find them.
Run this on all your cards and save.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Return to “Summer School 2013”