MOBGUI, TMtools and native controls?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

saldroubi

MOBGUI, TMtools and native controls?

Post by saldroubi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:23 pm

I have read on some forums that MOBGUI's future is uncertain and that it has not been updated for a long time. Is livecode going to include MOBGUI within LiveCode itself or something like it. Could someone from Livecode elaborate on this?
I also read something about another similar product to MOBGUI which is called TMTools (http://tmtools.tactilemedia.com/) has anyone worked with this and would like to provide feedback?
It is starnge that you don't see this advertised on Livecode website like MOBGUI and other Livecode extension products.

Sincerely,

EOTR

Re: MOBGUI, TMtools and native controls?

Post by EOTR » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 am

I would like this officially clarified as well. A lot of the Summer School lessons relied on using Mobgui, but from what I've been reading Mobgui is dead. It was one of the biggest reasons I bought into LC in the first place. Is there going to be something comparable in 6.5?

MarcVanCauwenberghe
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by MarcVanCauwenberghe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:32 am

So would I !!!
Been trying to contact the developer, no response. Real pity LC does not react to this officially since they are obviously backing the product big tIme.
Although Elanor did mention it very shortly on one of the Q&A sessions by saying that it was a third party and that they have no control over that. Not
really enough for me. I actually stopped developing my ios app mainly because I did not want to bring out an ios6 looking app.

Best regards,
Marc

heatherlaine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by heatherlaine » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:05 pm

We do have a solid plan for taking theming forward on mobile platforms. Our roadmap includes the "Themes" item, which when implemented will mean that MobGUI is more or less redundant:

http://livecode.com/community/roadmap/

You'll see that it is the next item on strand 1, and if you have been following our test release cycle you'll know that Resolution Independence has just begun its test cycle, so Themes will be up next.

While this will provide a solution within LiveCode for seamless native interfaces on mobile platforms, we are not quite there yet. In the interim, MobGUI provides a useful way of relatively painlessly adding native UI to your app.

I hope this helps,

Warm Regards,

Heather
Customer Services Manager
RunRev Ltd.

Return to “Summer School 2013”