Timeline & planned features new multiplatform media player

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Quentin Brown
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Timeline & planned features new multiplatform media player

Post by Quentin Brown » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi, My planned app is very media centric - video in particular.

I was wondering - before I get too far into implementing the media player features in my deveopment how soon you guys at runrev expect to have it coded into Livecode and released? I know initially there was a hope to get the stretch goals met by the end of the year - or was it possibly even sooner? but I'm wondering if the reality of the speed of development has begun to make this more likely to hit further down the line?

I'm also curious as to how much this is likely to change things for anyone developing a media heavy app in Livecode? Will you be moving to a more format flexible and open system like ffmpeg? With possible further support for further professional formats through ffmbc? I guess these will mean more or other controls will be available to developers? Any plans for integrating GPU acceleration features for things like transcoding between formats and making colour adjustments? basic compositing or overlay features so we can do things like adding watermarks to video?

Also - and this is just something I thought of and havent even tried looking into myself yet so apologies if the answer is out there- but is Livecode colour management aware? Does it support colour space conversions, display correction, icc profiles and video display profiles?

Sorry lot's of questions in one post but I hope you can answer some of them. :D

Quentin Brown

Re: Timeline & planned features new multiplatform media play

Post by Quentin Brown » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Just bumping this question to see if any answers can be forthcoming...

BvG

Re: Timeline & planned features new multiplatform media play

Post by BvG » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:33 pm

I'd say this is the wrong place to ask questions directed at the company, most people here on the forums are just users. If you want to talk directly to RunRev, I suggest you send them an email: support@runrev.com

Said that, asking about the future is probably futile, mostly because things change, and the future is unknown ;-)
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Return to “Summer School 2013”