lesson two - stack

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jpfitzp

lesson two - stack

Post by jpfitzp » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi there

In the lesson, reference is made to a resources page where latest version of the stack can be found for app we are building - where is it? Am being thick, but I can't find it! Anyone know?

Thanks

John Paul

cavenewt
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: lesson two - stack

Post by cavenewt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm

I don't remember hearing there is a copy of the stack available, but it would sure be helpful. If you log into your RunRev store account, you can see all the pieces-parts that came as part of the summer school bundle. I see the app templates and icons but nothing to do with the stack. The logical place would be on the lessons page (not accessible through your account although it looks like it is), but all they have for lesson two so far is the video.

jpfitzp

Post by jpfitzp » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey thanks for that.

I have made a guddle of grouping and creation of new cards bit from week before! So was trying to save ten minutes! Oh well, I need the practice!

cavenewt

Post by cavenewt » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm

jpfitzp wrote:Hey thanks for that.

I have made a guddle of grouping and creation of new cards bit from week before! So was trying to save ten minutes!
Me too—I got most of mine back via Time Machine :)

cavenewt

Re: lesson two - where is Resource Page w/stack & icons?

Post by cavenewt » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:09 am

jpfitzp wrote:In the lesson, reference is made to a resources page where latest version of the stack can be found for app we are building - where is it? Am being thick, but I can't find it! Anyone know?
I was wrong, they do refer to it in the lesson; the icons are supposed to be in there too (the icons Elanor used on the buttons in the lesson, which are edited versions of some from the App Template and icon Pack). I have the Icon Pack, but cannot find a reference to a Resource Page either in my Store account or in all the emails from RunRev, which I've kept, or on the lesson page, which just has the video for Lesson 2 so far.

I'd really like to see those icons because the Icon Pack ones are way too big and show up as an opaque gray box in the Simulator. I did find in the MobGUI interface where you can resize a button's icon...I wonder if the ones that Elanor used had been resized outside of LC first?

Coffee1633
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Coffee1633 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:12 am

Hi
but cannot find a reference to a Resource Page either in my Store account or in all the emails
I have taken an academy in real time before, and it might take a day or two before they post the resources. I am pretty sure it will be in the Summer School Content mini-site they set up for us. The site with the videos and pdfs. I am pretty sure they will post any resources there when they have finished preparing them. That is where they posted the FAQ (or Q&A) for Lesson 01, but it did take a few days before they transcribed the questions for us. Probably just a few more days.

What I am drooling over is the release of version 6.5 with the resolution independence functionality. That is going to be a huge time saver.
I'd really like to see those icons because the Icon Pack ones are way too big and show up as an opaque gray box in the Simulator. I did find in the MobGUI interface where you can resize a button's icon...I wonder if the ones that Elanor used had been resized outside of LC first?
A quick size check on those icons they supplied shows that are on the order of 60x60 pixels (give or take some). Which is definitely retina size. I believe the IOS HIG recommends that the ToolBar or TabBar icons either be 20x20 (non-retina) or 40x40 (retina), Of course you can change them to what every you like within reason as long as they look good. Also, I do believe that she said that she had one of the designers do something to the icons in Photoshop - something about adding a Dim state (maybe turning it grey). that way she had an active, white icon, and an inactive version, grey. He probably sized them correctly for her purposes at that time as well.

coffee16

Return to “Summer School 2013”