Can't get alt - double click to work

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

grey
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Can't get alt - double click to work

Post by grey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:31 am

I'm probably being silly but I can't get alt-double click to work. i.e. for resizing all buttons in a group. I've tried fiddling with keyboard and mouse settings on my Mac but no joy. Any ideas?

elanorb
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Can't get alt - double click to work

Post by elanorb » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:42 am

Hi Grey

You need to make sure you have the Select Grouped option on to ensure you are clicking on the button and not the group, the buttons should resize to fill the width of their owner, in this case the group.

There is more on this in the MobGUI documentation at

http://mobgui.com/doc.php?docId=23

I hope that help.

Kind regards

Elanor
Elanor Buchanan
Software Developer
LiveCode

grey

Post by grey » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks for the quick reply Elanor

I did have the Selected Group option on and it wasn't actually working for centering single buttons either. But I got it working by clicking the settings button in MobGUI and initiating a MobGUI recovery.

But thanks for your help as I didn't realise it was only a function of MobGUI and not LiveCode.

boodog

Post by boodog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:18 pm

I've got the same problem. SelectGrouped is switched on and it still doesn't work. I also tried the MobGUI recovery but that didn't help either.

haraldo

Post by haraldo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:20 pm

boodog wrote:I've got the same problem. SelectGrouped is switched on and it still doesn't work. I also tried the MobGUI recovery but that didn't help either.
Same here - but it worked a few days ago. Also my LiveCode IDE crashes very often - is there a way to completely reset all settings?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards

Harald

cavenewt
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by cavenewt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:06 pm

haraldo wrote:
boodog wrote:Also my LiveCode IDE crashes very often - is there a way to completely reset all settings?
Me too, and it often hangs when quitting.

saldroubi

Post by saldroubi » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:25 pm

I am having the same problem. I have the "Select Grouped" turned on, I select a button and alt-double click but the buttons don't resize to fill the group. I tried other things people mentioned here but nothing worked for me. It seems to be difficult to do this or select a number of MobGUI buttons and resize the all at once. Any other ideas?

EOTR

Post by EOTR » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:34 pm

I'm having the same problem too. It was working before, in fact I had done it a few times. Now all of a sudden it doesn't work. I've tried it with the Mobgui tab bar buttons, the Mobgui buttons, and the LC buttons. I tried it in both the 6.1 version of LC and the newer 6.1.1 (rc 3) version. None of it works anymore.

what's different all of a sudden?

EOTR

Post by EOTR » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:50 pm

I've discovered a work-around/hack to get the double click resizing to work again. With the group selected I went into the Property Inspector > Basic Properties and toggled "Border" on. The double click resizing worked, and then I turned the border off. Now I can resize the buttons again without turning the border off/on. It seems to have purged something caught in the memory (?).

FYI, I've used this hack with a couple other non-consistant behaviors in LC. For example:

1) placed an LC button
2) went to Property Inspector > Icons & Borders
3) tried to place an icon by clicking on the "magic wand" looking icon
4) the icons window will open and immediately close before I can select anything
5) toggled off/on any 1 of the 3 checkboxes in the panel; Three D, Border, Hilite border
6) click on the "magic wand" again
7) the icons window now stays open

-Henry

jehvoz

Post by jehvoz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Ditto EOTR's situation and comments. I've tried all of the above 'hacks' to no avail. Tried clearing memory, rebooting machine, etc.

Definitely used to work fine for me before today, (when I upgraded to rc-3), although now it doesn't work in rc-2 either.

Very concerned as won't be able to follow the summer school very easily without this.

EOTR

Post by EOTR » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 pm

My work-around mentioned earlier stopped working, and the problem still persists. I don't get it. Is there no solution for this?

cavenewt

Post by cavenewt » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:37 am

Based on my crashing problem with Project Browser, and the fact that reverting to v6.1.0 so far seems to have fixed it, I am compelled to ask those reporting trouble with alt-double-click: what version of the app are you using?

elanorb
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by elanorb » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:22 am

Hi

I have noticed that if I close MobGUI and re-open it from the Development -> Plugins menu then alt-double click seems to start working again. That might be worth a try, if it helps please do let us know as it might point to the cause of the issue.

This has been reported as a bug in the Quality Control Center so we will be looking into it.

Kind regards

Elanor
Elanor Buchanan
Software Developer
LiveCode

haraldo

Post by haraldo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi Elanor,

thanks for you reply. For me closing MobGUI and reopening it helped! At least for TabButtons - is it by design that e.g. "normal iOS buttons" do not get aligned?

Kind Regards,

Harald

EOTR

Post by EOTR » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:00 pm

cavenewt wrote:I am compelled to ask those reporting trouble with alt-double-click: what version of the app are you using?
As mentioned in the thread I've used both 6.1 and rc3. jehoz has used both rc2 and rc 3.
elanorb wrote:I have noticed that if I close MobGUI and re-open it from the Development -> Plugins menu then alt-double click seems to start working again.
haraldo wrote:For me closing MobGUI and reopening it helped! At least for TabButtons - is it by design that e.g. "normal iOS buttons" do not get aligned?
I had the same experience and question. It helped with the buttons that have the icons in them, but not the regular buttons. Was it always like this?

For the record, I've also tried doing a recovery of the plugin. I also tried re-entering the activation key.

Return to “Summer School 2013”