Quicktime Player Controller

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

gillilandd

Quicktime Player Controller

Post by gillilandd » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:25 pm

I've put together a stack of movies that I want my students to view using the script:
play videoClip "Nuclear Radiation.mov"
I imported the videos into my stack and have 11 video clips on 11 cards and all works fine.
I now need the script to do a couple other things but, being a newbe, can't figure them out. I've searched this site but haven't been able to find the answers.
1. What script will get the Quicktime controller to show? I want the students to be able to stop and rewind the video clip.
2. How can I get the video clip to quit and disappear when they go to the next card? I've attempted to use the script - stop playing videoclip "Nuclear Radiation.mov" - but it doesn't stop the clip much less get rid of it.
I've used HyperStudio for many years and did some scripting but not much. I'm sure it's simple but I cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Doug Gilliland

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:45 am

Hi gillilandd,

1. You cannot have the QuickTime controller bar when using "play videoclip xyz", sorry :-/
This is only possible when you use player objects and external files.

But you can script some buttons to stop and resume etc... INTERNAL video files, see the "play" command in the docs.:

stop vc xyz
## to stop a videoclip
## vc = abbreviation for vidoclip

play pause vc xyz
## Pause the video

play resume vc xyz
## You guess :-)
etc..

2. Hmm, try this syntax:
stop vc xyz
go next cd

That SHOULD do the trick.