Hide cursor redux

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

jmk_phd

Re: Hide cursor redux

Post by jmk_phd » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:14 am

Thanks SparkOut and Bernd. Good to know that it seemed to behave properly in the IDE on Windows 11 but not on Mac.

Bernd's trick works reliably for me, but only when I up the "wait x milliseconds with messages" to x=50 (from the x=20 that worked for him). Tried this using current LC 9.6.8.

So Jacque may be on to something in speculating that it might be related to clock cycles. I use a 2011-era iMac running macOS 10.12 for my everyday work (I do have a 2019 iMac with Catalina and 2021 M1 Air running whatever it does, but I hate using any macOS beyond 10.6.8.)

The real test will be to see what happens with the standalones for macOS and Windows via Parallels. (The "redux" in the thread title was an allusion to a thread in this forum dating back to 2011, which reported that the cursor would not hide in a Windows standalone, but did on a Mac.)

jeff k

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”