mobilePickMedia and mobilePickPhoto - Accessing video on Android

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

JereMiami

mobilePickMedia and mobilePickPhoto - Accessing video on Android

Post by JereMiami » Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:44 am

Neither of these allows you to pick mp4s or other videos stored on the device. The former appears to be limited to audio (i.e. mp3 or podcasts) and the latter shades out videos in the library or albums, so you can't have them as an option to choose from (even though they appear to be storec in that same DCIM folder).

Would anyone know how you can access and/or import those beautiful mp4s to thr LC app?

1) Some thoughts on this is perhaps to launch the native Android gallery. Anyone know how to do this?

2) Or perhaos launch or import the mp4 file to the standalone.
The trick here is: how do I get the path to that file? How do I list the files in that folder?

3) Another thought is to somehow execute "Environment.getexternalStorageDirectory()" to retrieve the video storage location (or whatever is the latest ommand in the Android literature). How would I have LC execute that? MobileControlDo inside of a native browser maybe and use the result?

Thoughts welcome!!! ...and greatly aooreciated!!!

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”