Which inclusions?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

cmhjon

Which inclusions?

Post by cmhjon » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:40 pm

Hi all,

My app uses a 3rd party library that is password-protected by the developer. As such, when I try to compile my app with "Search for required inclusions when saving the standalone application" selected, I get an error stating that, "Could not auto-detect inclusions or security categories because stack is password protected".

So, my question is, which inclusions should I select? The developer of the 3rd party library indicated which inclusion his product needs but I am not sure what all else I should select other than Printing and Internet. This app will be compiled for Windows only.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Best regards,
Jon :)

stam

Re: Which inclusions?

Post by stam » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:27 pm

The vendor should tell you which inclusions are needed for their 3rd party library and you should ensure everything else you use is included manually as well. Generally this is the norm for me at least as i don't think the automatic detection works well at the best of times...

I generally just scroll entire the entire list and include stuff i've used - only you can be the judge of that ;)
If you've forgotten to include something then the standalone won't work was expected - a clue to go back and include stuff.
If you include extras that aren't actually used, by and large that doesn't matter much.

If your app does access the internet however it's probably a safe bet you'll need to include SSL and JSON

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Which inclusions?

Post by dunbarx » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:48 pm

What Stam said.

Always include by hand, even if you have to include the whole list. You probably can weed out most if not all of the widgets.

Craig

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”