"Can't Find Stack" error when trying to use a livecodescript

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

M-A Kuttner

"Can't Find Stack" error when trying to use a livecodescript

Post by M-A Kuttner » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:41 pm

Hi. I'm using a stack that is trying to run a livecodescript file by using the following on the openStack command:

Code: Select all

start using stack "D:/filepath/TinyColor.livecodescript"
I've checked the path and it's correct, but I keep getting this error:
image (8).png
image (8).png (6.95 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
M-A Kuttner
Hypertalk developer on and off since the days of SuperCard. Currently using LC to do rapid prototyping for a new kids' toy.

M-A Kuttner

Re: "Can't Find Stack" error when trying to use a livecodescript

Post by M-A Kuttner » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:25 pm

OK, I found the following embarrassing resolution to my own question. I'll post this in case anyone encounters the same thing.

It turns out I downloaded the .livecodescript file as HTML somehow. So, the beginning of the script file, instead of starting with:

script "tinyColor"
instead started with:

<!DOCTYPE html>
So I was trying to run an HTML file inside of a file that was expecting Livecode script.

To correct, I copied the raw contents of the script from its github page and replaced it for the HTML that was in the text file. Voila, done!

Cheers
M-A
Hypertalk developer on and off since the days of SuperCard. Currently using LC to do rapid prototyping for a new kids' toy.

stam

Re: "Can't Find Stack" error when trying to use a livecodescript

Post by stam » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:21 pm

It's a really useful library, but it's a direct conversion from javascript and some things didn't work correctly off the bat.
For example you couldn't pass "111,222,111" as an RGB, it had to be in the format RBG(111,222,111) or JSON. I've raised a few issues on the GitHub and made a pull request with a quick fix for passing liveCode style RBG values.

Never quite sure if i should mention issues on this forum or on GitHub (or both!) - i think the authors prefer GitHub.
Fantastic effort from FerrusLogic and very much appreciated!

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”