Missing libraries?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

jamesk169

Missing libraries?

Post by jamesk169 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:11 am

I'm using LiveCode 9_6_2 Indy on Windows 10 and I am having a problem using revXMLCreateTree.

When I try to type the example code from the dictionary, it doesn't seem like revXMLCreateTree is available to use within my IDE - kind of like the completions for refXMLCreateTree are missing. There are completions for revXMLRPC* and other functions but not revXMLCreateTree.

Perhaps, I am missing a library or include? Although, from what I've read, it seems like includes are handled automatically. Have I missed a step? Any advice would be appreciated.

Bernard

Re: Missing libraries?

Post by Bernard » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:11 am

What happens when you run this?

Code: Select all

on mouseup
   put replaceText("<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>","'", quote) into tx
   put cr & "<note><to>Tove</to></note>" after tx
   put revXMLCreateTree(tx, true, true, true) into tid
   answer "you have a tree:" & tid
end mouseup

jamesk169

Re: Missing libraries?

Post by jamesk169 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:28 am

Thanks for the reply!

I finally got a chance to run that code, yesterday, and it produces a window with the text: "You have a tree: 126" which I guess means that the XML stuff is all in working order.

Since I'm still new to the environment, I just assumed that the autocompletion engine would have it in there since there were other revXML components in the list. The absence of the item that I was looking for lead me to believe that there was something wrong with my installation - so I spent all of my time trying to fix the 'missing' XML library rather than trying to write the code. Oops!

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”