revCopyFolder__Standalone?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

stam

revCopyFolder__Standalone?

Post by stam » Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi all,
quick question - I'm finally close to releasing a first version of an app; this requires certain files/folders which i've packaged in specialFolderPath("resources") with the intention of copying to the user's Documents (a presumed writeable location) on first run.
It's simple enough to use revCopyFolder and this works well in the IDE

However in script editor's autocomplete i also get this command: revCopyFolder__Standalone pSrcFolder, pDestFolder
I was unable to find any documentation or mention of this anywhere - is this critical for standalones, does anyone know? Seems odd...

andresdt

Re: revCopyFolder__Standalone?

Post by andresdt » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:09 pm

It seems to me that this command is only for the IDE. So you should ignore it and keep using revCopyFolder :D

jmburnod
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jmburnod » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:01 pm

Hi,
You may use revCopyFolder in a standalone but you have to call it after startup process
From LC dictionary:
During the first part of the application's startup process, before this message is sent, the revCopyFolder command is not yet available. This may affect attempts to use this command in startup, preOpenStack, openStack, or preOpenCardhandlers in the main stack.
Best regards
Jean-Marc
https://alternatic.ch

stam

Post by stam » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:19 am

jmburnod wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:01 pm
You may use revCopyFolder in a standalone but you have to call it after startup process
Thank you! I probably got away with it without realising, as was using this in the openCard handler... but will keep this in mind!
Stam

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”