9.6.2 graphics... expected behaviour?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

stam

9.6.2 graphics... expected behaviour?

Post by stam » Sat May 22, 2021 2:37 am

Hi all,
I'd been working 9.6.0 and then was happy as the proverbial Larry with every new version up to and including 9.6.2 RC2.

9.6.2 RC3 onwards and including 9.6.2 release, i encountered significant lag with graphics in my interface; this are not complex - an example is a password field with text obscured by imageSource; another is 'buttons' made out of grouped graphics/fields that can toggle their hilite but also behave like radio buttons. Laggy, laggy, laggy....

Playing around a bit, i discovered that if i lock screen, the graphics are as smooth now as they were with RC2 and earlier.
I attach an example with some of the offending interface elements extracted to simple stack and that can toggle 'lock screen' to show the effect in 9.6.2 RC3 or later (has no effect on RC2 or earlier, where it works perfectly regardless of lock screen)

While this has worked around my graphics issues,i'm wondering if this is expected behaviour and if i was just lucky RC2 and earlier worked fine anyway?
Could it be a specific issue to MacOS Big Sur? (I'm on 11.3.1 on a fast mac)

Or is this a new bug introduced when they tried to fix the bugs in the script editor RC3 onwards?

Just curious...
Stam

-------------
Edit: I'm still plagued by significant flickering of some objects in my full app. While it may be that 'lock screen' needs be applied more liberally, on first pass it's not obvious where. Not ideal, when 9.6.2 RC2 just worked perfectly...
Attachments
Simple graphics test.livecode.zip
(9.94 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”