Password Protect a SQLite DB. Is this possible in livecode?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

lemodizon

Password Protect a SQLite DB. Is this possible in livecode?

Post by lemodizon » Mon May 17, 2021 11:01 am

Hello everyone,

Good day.

I want to try if Livecode can encrypt a certain/set a password on a database on SQLite i saw this code below from other programming language (C#) but i don't know if this will work on livecode.
Attachments
sqlitepassword.JPG
Thank you & God Bless Everyone :wink:

Regards,
lemodizon

Mikey
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Password Protect a SQLite DB. Is this possible in livecode?

Post by Mikey » Mon May 17, 2021 2:43 pm

There are other ways to do this, I'm sure.
If you're on ios (don't know about android) I don't think you are going to need to do anything if you have restricted access to the db as it will be encrypted on disk and no other apps will be allowed to touch it, anyway.
To the original question,
The method that comes to mind immediately is to keep the db file encrypted, then on preOpenStack decrypt it, but store it in memory so that it is not decrypted on disk then on app exit, or at particular times, or after particular operations, encrypt the db in memory and re-save it to disk.

lemodizon

Re: Password Protect a SQLite DB. Is this possible in livecode?

Post by lemodizon » Mon May 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for the information. how about on desktop/laptop is this applicable to set a password just like other database like msaccess i think you can set a password so that no one can access the database.
Thank you & God Bless Everyone :wink:

Regards,
lemodizon

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”