Windows 10 Security Risk

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

MrMoods

Windows 10 Security Risk

Post by MrMoods » Wed May 12, 2021 2:03 am

Hi there.

I'm using Livecode for creating an app which I use as a url collection. The app contains many buttons and every button opens an url. And there is a little watch. Nothing else.

On some Win 10 computers, at the first start of the app, there is a warning from windows, that this app could harm the computer and there's a risk. Then you can click on "more" (or something like that, my Win is in German) and there you can click on "start it anyway". This warning sucks, but you can click it away.

Now, for the first time, there is one computer that says Windows Defender prohibited starting this app because of security reasons and there is no way to go around that warning. You only can close the alert and the app won't start.

There is REALLY nothing in that f**king app, but some intranet urls.

Can someone tell me how to disable those alerts? Do I have to get some certificate or something like that? Or do I have to include something?

Greetings
MrM

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Windows 10 Security Risk

Post by jacque » Wed May 12, 2021 6:58 pm

You can try setting the "UAC Execution Level" in standalone settings to the "highest available" level. That doesn't always work but try it. If you still get the warning then you'll need an autheticated certificate, which isn't free. KSoftware has the cheapest ones and a free app that does the signing for you. You only need the "OV" certificate.
https://www.ksoftware.net/
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”