Answer Dialog Buttons...

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

cmhjon

Answer Dialog Buttons...

Post by cmhjon » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:07 pm

Hi all,

I have a compiled app for Mac and Windows. When the app opens, the answer dialog is displayed with 4 buttons. On the Mac, I see 4 buttons, but in Windows, I only see 3. I am happy to build a custom dialog/sub-stack in lieu of the answer dialog if needed but wanted to check here first to see if 4 buttons in the answer dialog is possible in Windows.

Thank you,
Jon :)

Klaus

Re: Answer Dialog Buttons...

Post by Klaus » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:22 pm

Hi Jon,

you can have up to seven buttons in an answer dialog, Mac or Windows does not matter.

Best

Klaus

dunbarx
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by dunbarx » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:48 pm

Well, what Klaus said.

But what is going on is another thing entirely. Can you post the standAlone?

If not, can you make a new minimal standalone with exactly the same code that presents the answer dialog and post that?

Craig

cmhjon

Post by cmhjon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:02 pm

HI all,

Thank you for the replies. As it turns out, the culprit was a preOpenCard handler on card 1. Although the answer dialog was NOT called by the this handler but by an openCard handler also on card 1, when I removed the preOpenCard handler, the answer dialog displayed all 4 buttons as programmed.

Weird.

Thank you,
Jon

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”