Dropdown with Multiple Selections?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

stam

Re: Dropdown with Multiple Selections?

Post by stam » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:35 pm

cmhjon wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:57 pm
Since LC/Apple currently offers no way to do a multi-selection dropdown style menu, I have decided to go with creating a sub stack interface with checkboxes.
Hi Jon,
just FYI: the 'apple' way of doing this would likely involve a popover rather than a popup.

This can accommodate larger/multiple interface elements.. See the apple HIG on this here: https://developer.apple.com/design/huma ... /popovers/

Or if there is a huge number of controls/information to be displayed then a panel, which would be equivalent to a substack.

Sadly LC does not provide a popover widget or similar - I simulate this with a group - using a substack would be a bit more difficult due to the positioning of the arrow, which will have to vary if the interface element it points to is near an edge of the stack/screen (ie the arrow would be in the same physical location but the 'bubble' of the popover would have to shift relative to this to always be visible -- easier to do with a group). I've created a reusable group for my projects which i'll share at some point -- but a 'panel' may suit your needs more? Have a look at the links...

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”