wrapping long text to display as a multiline - in a Datagrid ?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

liveme

wrapping long text to display as a multiline - in a Datagrid ?

Post by liveme » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:21 am

This text is longer than the column width and can dispays on the following line.

I can t find how to do that, my line doesnt wrap so the remaing caractes are hidden :(

How can one auto-increase the field heights to become a multiline when necessary ? :oops:
:?: :!:
thanks
Attachments
multiline datagrid content.png

stam

Re: wrapping long text to display as a multiline - in a Datagrid ?

Post by stam » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:45 pm

liveme wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:21 am
How can one auto-increase the field heights to become a multiline when necessary ?
Hi liveme, you may find this lesson helpful: https://lessons.livecode.com/m/datagrid ... ne-heights

liveme

Post by liveme » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:29 pm

Hi Stam,
Thanks for the Link to lesson, it should be the right way to achieve this, though, while I'm expecting a windows menu with many options to show, I can only reach a blank page with advises..and no options to click... I have tried few times, selecting group and going to main property page again...but nothing like what is in the lesson is visible...
could it be some display bug ? :roll:
any idea ?

see window in the middle, almost blank - when I' d expect some content like on the left !
:|
Attachments
menu after template not the same.png

stam

Post by stam » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:39 pm

liveme wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:29 pm
while I'm expecting a windows menu with many options to show, I can only reach a blank page with advises..and no options to click...
Not sure i understand what you're doing or what's going wrong - maybe just post a detailed list of steps you've taken?

One thing i'm wondering is if you're using the data grid as a table or form. The lesson is for a form... for a table, you need to add behaviours for each column - then when you click row template, you'll see a group of all column templates and each of these is also a group (in the 'columns' property panel, select the column name in the list at the top and click the button bottom right...).

Or just use a form instead if you're not already doing this :)

liveme

Post by liveme » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Oh, It might be why !
I saw in the options that it indicated "form" while mine was still set as table, so I changed it..but no sucess.
I ll test it as table next, thanks a lot for your tips... :wink:
(will detail if not going through next)

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”