Can't upload stack to livecode share

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

KRY_M

Can't upload stack to livecode share

Post by KRY_M » Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:39 am

Good morning,

I made a small game and I uploaded the stack to livecode share -and it is there - ok
I modified that stack (because it had all the thing i wanted), renamed it, modified it and now when I try to upload it to the site from Livecode it gives me an error about the fact that the file is already uploaded. What can I do to make it work ? Where are those hidden settings that make this stack to identify it as my old one.

Thank you
P. S. it is a small Othello game (work in progress)..
Passionate developer :D

bogs

Re: Can't upload stack to livecode share

Post by bogs » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:06 am

Through the website, I'm not sure, but through the IDE you can go to the "Help" menu -> "Sample Stacks"
ksnip_sampleStacks1.png
Help meeeeeee....
and in the window that pops up, sign in, search for your stack, then click on "Edit Stack", and you can then replace your old stack.
ksnip_sampleStacks2.png
Sample this...!

KRY_M

Post by KRY_M » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:18 am

Thank you, but I don't want to replace the uploaded version ! That is a small game called Impas-Flex, now the new stack (the modified one) is something else a game called Othello. I want to upload this file too because it is another application made from modifying the old one. The stacks are different ! That is the real problem I can't upload the new one !

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:30 am

You can also upload a stack through that very same stack.
ksnip_sampleStacks3.png
Uplifting...
ksnip_sampleStacks3.png (25.25 KiB) Viewed 2997 times

[-hh]
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by [-hh] » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:59 am

"SampleStacks" (=revOnline=livecodeshare) has a problem if you deleted a stack or your stack size is too large (several MBytes).

I can't upload too since several weeks. Perhaps the "sampleStacks"-system has to be "restarted"?

You could write to support at livecode.com (as I already did).
shiftLock happens

KRY_M

Post by KRY_M » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:04 pm

I created another stack, copied all my objects and my code to the new one and after that I succeeded uploading that file. Somehow the old stack was marked with some kind of ID that prevented uploading it .
Thank you for help.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”