Main stack wont show?!

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Main stack wont show?!

Post by richmond62 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:16 pm

"Someone" might be pulling your leg. 8)

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by mwieder » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:06 pm

One is the way tools were handled, in 1.1 and 2.2, you could either single or double click on a tool to either place 1 or many copies of that control, which I find interesting.
You can still double-click a control to place copies onto the topstack. What metacard had was the ability to click a control to select it and then draw its rectangle on the topstack to place it. I've added that back to the latest version of PowerTools as well (with a right-click to select) because I like having options.

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Heh heh, Mark, we are definitely talking about 2 (or maybe 3) completely different things :D

Maybe this will help clarify what I was talking about.

As far as Mc's (completely different topic) control drawing goes, I like that too, and I absolutely like the way you implemented it in PowerTools. I've mentioned PT to some of the people in the class I'm going to at the moment, as well as getting one of the instructors started with Lc itself. Of course, the class has nothing to do with programming, but why should that matter ? Heheh :P
"Someone" might be pulling your leg. 8)
Impossible! My leg is completely off, and it isn't a flesh wound! :P :P :P

mwieder

Post by mwieder » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:49 pm

:o I didn't remember that behavior in 1.1 at all. Interesting.
Not that I feel like emulating it, but interesting.
Seems like there should be some kind of indicator of what tool is currently selected, otherwise you'll accidentally just end up with buttons everywhere you touch.

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:54 pm

You could, at one point at least, double-click on a control on the revTools palette
and an instance would then manifest itself on the top stack.

Somewhere down the line that got lost, and I miss it. 8)

bogs

Post by bogs » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:09 pm

@Richmond - that has been the behavior since v3 (at least) till current. Dunno how you could miss what is already there :D

@Mark -
mwieder wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:49 pm
Seems like there should be some kind of indicator of what tool is currently selected, otherwise you'll accidentally just end up with buttons everywhere you touch.
There *is* an indicator, although I'm not sure you can see it clearly enough in the clip. When I switched to 1.1 in that video, I initially clicked once on the button, the button tool turns a light gray, and then I placed the button, and the 'browse' indicator is then shaded.

When I clicked on the button tool twice, though, it defaults to a darker shading, indicating it is staying toggled so to speak. In that state, it will keep making buttons. You can either choose to go to browse mode again (shown in the video), or go to another tool, or double click another tool, or go to run mode and it will take the toggle off of whatever control you were on.

When I first saw that feature, I was a bit surprised it was removed from later versions of the IDE. As far as I can tell, it only made it as far as 2.2.x, but I am missing versions between 2.2 and 2.8, so it is possible it was there a little longer.

richmond62

Post by richmond62 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:10 am

Dunno how you could miss what is already there
Probably something to do with my latest fad: fooling around with Kubuntu KDE Plasma.

bogs

Post by bogs » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am

Ah, I don't (generally) use KDE since it left the 'trinity' style representations (around KDE 3.X), I'll have to setup a test machine with that DM to see if there are more exceptional issues.

Starpat

Post by Starpat » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:38 pm

Starpat wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:20 pm
Main stack wont show. :?
No worries it works now and my stack shows now. I just had to click Send window to back in the windows menu.
8) Dude

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”