Valid identity .. for selected profile

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

huuanh2811

Valid identity .. for selected profile

Post by huuanh2811 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:34 am

Hi there,

I'm completely new to LiveCode and my very first goal is to have one button show on my actual iPhone.
While trying to save as a standalone application I received this message:

"There was an error while saving the standalone application
could not find a valid identity to use for the selected profile

Up to this point I did or have this:
- Standalone application settings / iOS / Internal App ID = com dot yourcompany dot yourapp
- Standalone application settings / iOS / "MyfirstnameMylastname"
- I'm able to test my app with the test-button on the top far right, no problem.
- Xcode / Preferences / Accounts => One team with "Agent" role, iOS development and distribution certificate.
- Apple developer site => Both iOS development and distribution certificates.

I was working my self through a lesson (I am not entitled to use links in the text so sorry for not linking) and got stuck at the point where it said "Once you have registered appropriately as an iPhone developer and setup your certificate and obtained a provisioning profile..."

What am I doing wrong? Is there a more in depth lesson or guidance I could follow? Thanks very much in advance!

I am using
- LiveCode 8 . 1 . 6 . 14032
- Xcode 8 . 3 . 3 (8E3004b)
- MacOS 10 . 13

bogs

Re: Valid identity .. for selected profile

Post by bogs » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:25 am

huuanh2811 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:34 am
I was working my self through a lesson (I am not entitled to use links in the text so sorry for not linking)
True, you can not post a link until you reach 10 posts, however, you can work around this by copying the link, pasting it here, and splitting it up, like this ~
link lessons dot livecode dot com/
... or any other series of indicators.

Another way to tackle showing which lesson you are following is to copy just the tail end of the lesson. For instance this ~
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/12 ... my-project
...could be put here with your limited post count (I think) like this
/m/4071/l/12625-how-do-i-locate-scripts-or-custom-properties-in-my-project

Just some thoughts on how to work around the system. Unfortunately, I don't develop on mobile, and so have less than no guidance on solving your actual problem :(

eworthington

Re: Valid identity .. for selected profile

Post by eworthington » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:42 am

Quick question - when you go to Standalone Application Settings and then to iOS.

Once you check "build for iOS," do you have anything selected in the profile dropdown? It is the one that is underneath the Internal App ID.

I remember having trouble doing this the first time myself - be patient; it takes a bit of finagling the first time.

Thank you,

Ed

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”