"The following objects were modified outside the script editor, would you like to reload them"

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Fjord

Re: "The following objects were modified outside the script editor, would you like to reload them"

Post by Fjord » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:17 pm

Same here. I can't help commenting and naming folders / files in French, and why not. And that means accents.
Basically, everybody, apart from English speaking people, uses 'special' chars, which to us are not special at all :wink: .
--
François

Fjord

Re: "The following objects were modified outside the script editor, would you like to reload them"

Post by Fjord » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Back to the same problem: today I was working on a stack when I saw the dreaded message :shock: :( .
I remembered someone here had mentioned the problem was linked to the coding of characters in the script. So I did this :idea: asap:
- select all the script, open TextEdit, paste into it (strangely enough, the script appeared with keywords in colours, while in Livecode script editor it was black on white; oh, well…)
- in TextEdit I went to 'Preferences' > 'Ouverture et Enregistrement' (that would be 'open & save', I guess) tab
- selected 'save with > Unicode UTF-16'
- saved the file; I quit TextEdit just to make sure
- opened the same doc again in TextEdit, select all, copy
- back to the [faulty] Livecode script, select all, paste, save
et voilà! no more error message. :P
--
François

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by bn » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:01 am

This bug of accented chars in scripts consisting of two codepoints has been fixed.
No more "The following objects were modified outside the script editor, would you like to reload them" for this case.

https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23295

Kind regards
Bernd

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”