I can't make this work.

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

ajperks

I can't make this work.

Post by ajperks » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:01 pm

I have 2 fields and I want to preserve the htmltext AND add one field to the other with an asci code and a return between them.
I have tried all sorts of combinations, but end up stripping the formatting and ending up with plain text.
What am I doing wrong?

Code: Select all

--put field "PostList" & field "TextStore" & numToChar(176) & return  into  field "PostList"  
      put the htmltext of field "PostList" & htmltext of field "TextStore" & numToChar(176) & return into the htmltext of field "PostList" 

--set the htmltext of field "PostList" & field "TextStore" & numToChar(176) & return  to the htmltext of field "PostList" 

ClipArtGuy

Re: I can't make this work.

Post by ClipArtGuy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm kind of unclear on what exactly you're trying to do, but I think you were closest with the last one.
I think you're after something like this?

Code: Select all

set the htmltext of field "PostList" to (the htmltext of field "Postlist") & (the htmltext of field "TextStore") & numToChar(176) & return

ajperks

Re: I can't make this work.

Post by ajperks » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:27 pm

Thank you so much, this works perfectly now.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”