IDE with spurts of very high CPU usage on Macbook air

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

Scoperzor

IDE with spurts of very high CPU usage on Macbook air

Post by Scoperzor » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:25 am

I'm having issues with the newer versions of Livecode, specifically the ones I work with are 8.1.0 stable and 8.1.2 RC1. I work on a Macbook Air (1.4 ghz i5 CPU, 4gb RAM, MacOS Sierra), which I know is not the most powerful of computers but I've never had this issue before, I'm not running any other significant processing applications at the same time. The issue currently does not happen in older versions (LC7).

My CPU usage on Livecode is spiking to 99% in the Activity Monitor every few minutes, and it stays there for quite a while. I know the Activity Monitor is not that reliable but there's a definitive lock-up in Livecode as it then responds to any user interaction after about 10 seconds of performing it. This includes clicking on-screen or in the code editor, basically all of Livecode, and no other applications at the time of it happening.

I got some screen caps, not sure if this adds any value?

http://imgur.com/a/QF56S

Just trying to get to the bottom of what it might be and if it's something clashing with my system or just LC itself.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”