Scrolling card

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller

danielrr

Scrolling card

Post by danielrr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi,

I have a stack with just one card. This card contains many objects and the user can create more of these. The objects in the card are groups of fields and graphics (think of a mind-mapper app). At some point there's more objects in the card that can fit the screen of a laptop mac, so I need to create the interface to make the elements of the card move vertically and horizontally so that the user can move around to see the whole contents of the card. I suppose one way to move the objects is to group all of the, then move the new group via scripts using scrollbars controllers, and later ungroup them. This seems to me a slow way to proceed, and in addition to that, i find that LC (I'm using v. 7.1.4 on a MacOs 10.11.4) won't let me group so many objects (currently there are around 40 groups of fields and as many arrows). Can you suggest a solution, or point me to an already stack where I can see a well tested procedure to do something like that?

best,

Daniel

Klaus

Re: Scrolling card

Post by Klaus » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi Daniel,
danielrr wrote:...I suppose one way to move the objects is to group all of the, then move the new group via scripts using scrollbars controllers, and later ungroup them.
why do you think that UNGROUPING is neccessary at some point?
You can alyways:
create button "a new button" in grp "the big one"
create field " new field" in grp "the big one"
## etc...
danielrr wrote:..and in addition to that, i find that LC (I'm using v. 7.1.4 on a MacOs 10.11.4) won't let me group so many objects (currently there are around 40 groups of fields and as many arrows).
What does LC tell you in that specific situation?

Best

Klaus

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by FourthWorld » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:02 pm

Create the objects in a group and turn on the group's scroll bar properties.
Richard Gaskin
Community volunteer LiveCode Community Liaison

LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems: http://FourthWorld.com
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

danielrr

Post by danielrr » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:14 pm

Thanks you both very much. You gave me the solution.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”