Live Audio Monitoring/Guitar Effect

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

theotherbassist

Live Audio Monitoring/Guitar Effect

Post by theotherbassist » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 am

Hello again, everybody.

After playing with LC for a few months now, I like that I when I have a "lightbulb moment" about a potential app out in the real world I can usually visualize exactly how I would go about beginning to code such a project. However, the other day I was thinking that it would be great to make a "stompbox" app that basically functions the way a simple guitar effects pedal would: take the audio input signal, modify it somehow, and send the signal on through to the audio output or some other specified channel (live--on the fly). I know LC is well-suited for logging and playing back audio recordings, but I've never heard of anyone trying to do both simultaneously. Maybe that's not even a good way of thinking about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction, squelch my hopes, or even just help me ask this question in a better way?

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”