Question

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

prior

Question

Post by prior » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:48 am

Hi, i checked the Rev. Media app and iam stunned with the possible ways. But one thing is bugging me. Why cant I create a standalone application with media? Using a external Player and force costumer to install a player to use my app. isnt good.

Is it possible you create a second version of media (for a higher price) which include standalone app. builds?

Thanks

malte

Post by malte » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:10 am

Hi prior,

if you do not need the templates it is already there. :-)

Revolution Studio and Enterprise can build standalones and offer some more features than Media like DB access and a backdrop that can be turned off. The scripting language is basically the same in both versions.

All the best,

Malte

prior

Post by prior » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:54 am

I would buy studio if they had the templates :o) Iam really interested into the game template and would use it. But i cant afford buying studio AND media since I would buy media only for the template.

prior

Post by prior » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:56 pm

Malte what do you mean by "backdrop that can be turned off"?

malte

Post by malte » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:09 pm

The player has a backdrop that is always on, so you can't see the desktop behind your app, when you use the player to distribute your stack. If you compile an application with Studio or Enterprise this limitation is lifted. If you like the backdrop, you can turn it on by script in a compiled version.

All the best,

malte

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”