Import file

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

trailboss

Import file

Post by trailboss » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Well, I'm not a beginner but I'm not ashamed to say that this is a beginner question.
I want to view a jpeg file in a Runtime Rev application that I've made. I don't know how to do this simple thing. I try "open file NovJournal.jpg" and nothing happens.

I have a bird database and I'm entering in 37 years of my parents' bird notes from our house in Mexico. The bird entry is easy, but they've written journals out longhand, and I'm tired of entering it all by typing so I thought I'd scan each page and make it available. If I scan a page a day, I'll be done in a few years.

Any ideas on how I might incorporate scanned writing into a database for viewing would be appreciated, but as I said I don't even know how to get the file to open using RunRev.

Thanks
Tom

doc

Re: Import file

Post by doc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:11 am

I'm not sure that I can offer any suggestions about scanning and/or converting handwritten text, but if you want to use a scanned image of the text, it should be fairly easy although a bit time consuming. If you haven't yet tried the scripting conferences, I highly recommend that you do! They cover the "basics" very well and In particular, conference #11 should explain everything you need to use images... located here:

http://runrev.com/developers/lessons-an ... nferences/

Regards,
-Doc-

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”