property inspector problem

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: property inspector problem

Post by jacque » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm

Samuele wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:18 pm
jacque wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 pm
Samuele wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:22 pm
while we're on the subject of problems, now i can't even open any livecode stack :?
What happens? Do you get an error message? Do the IDE stacks open?
nope i get nothing, the mouse is in loading mode for 5 seconds and then nothing, just nothing happens
Okay, unfortunately that usually means LC can't recognize the file as a stack, which sometimes means the stack has been corrupted. If you have an earlier backup, see if that opens. If so, you'll need to add in the things you've done since that backup.

It's very rare that stacks get corrupted like this, so before you panic make sure the stack isn't opening invisibly. Does it show up in the project browser or the Windows menu? If not, then sometimes the LC team can correct the problem but you'd need an account that includes tech support for that.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Samuele

Post by Samuele » Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:41 am

jacque wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm
Samuele wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:18 pm
jacque wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:05 pm

What happens? Do you get an error message? Do the IDE stacks open?
nope i get nothing, the mouse is in loading mode for 5 seconds and then nothing, just nothing happens
Okay, unfortunately that usually means LC can't recognize the file as a stack, which sometimes means the stack has been corrupted. If you have an earlier backup, see if that opens. If so, you'll need to add in the things you've done since that backup.

It's very rare that stacks get corrupted like this, so before you panic make sure the stack isn't opening invisibly. Does it show up in the project browser or the Windows menu? If not, then sometimes the LC team can correct the problem but you'd need an account that includes tech support for that.
i don't think it's a specific stack's problem because none of the stacks could open.
i retsarted my pc and now it works, but it's not the first time it happens to me and the solution every time it's to restart the pc, that's a little bit annoying...
Samuele.

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:51 pm

Possibly time to write some sort of bug report.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Did you try to delete your preferences file?

Here is how:
1. Open the message box and enter: put the filename of stack "revpreferences"
2. Hit ENTER
3. Note the path to the file -> livecode7.rev
4. Quit LC
5. Delete the file from 3.
6. Restart LC and try again,
Since LC will create a new preferences file now, you will need to renew you preference settings.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”