Issues with Unit 2, Lesson 7 Assignment

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, asayd

bobcole
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Issues with Unit 2, Lesson 7 Assignment

Post by bobcole » Sun May 03, 2020 6:34 pm

I am continuing my journey through LiveCode University - Personal Edition 1.8.1 (updated 2020-04-24 at 16:33:53)
I am using LiveCode Indy 9.5.1 with Mac Catalina (10.15.4) on a MacBook Pro (16 inch).

Here are some issues I have noticed LCU:

Lesson 6: LiveCode and Objects, Page 14 of 14
The last technique refers to the "Replicate" command which does not appear in my Indy 9.5.1 edition of LiveCode.

Assignment: Objects and Properties Exercise, Page 13 of 27
The two references to Style property ("Push Button" and "Square Button") do not appear in the example or in LiveCode Indy 9.5.1

Assignment: Objects and Properties Exercise, Page 25 of 27
The menuModes property doesn't appear in the property inspector in LiveCode Indy 9.5.1

Assignment: Objects and Properties Exercise, Page 26 of 27
I submitted a stack and it shows in the submissions list on Page 26.
However, the Self Evaluation tool does not show a Objects and Properties Exercise so I can't complete this Assignment.

The LCU app is excellent. A few fixes to the above issues would be great.
Bob

bogs

Re: Issues with Unit 2, Lesson 7 Assignment

Post by bogs » Sun May 03, 2020 8:28 pm

bobcole wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 6:34 pm
Lesson 6: LiveCode and Objects, Page 14 of 14
The last technique refers to the "Replicate" command which does not appear in my Indy 9.5.1 edition of LiveCode.
'Replicate' was last seen in vers. 7.x under the 'Edit' menu, however, much like it sounds, it just means to make copies of whatever object your replicating. I really don't know why it was removed, I love using it for certain things, however, you can just hold the 'ctrl' key down (windows and 'nix, I think it is 'cmd' on mac) and left click/drag the object to copy it.Depending on how many objects your trying to copy, you can also select 2 of them and it will copy / move 2 of them, I'm sure you get the idea.

Not sure what you mean with the menu modes statement, could you expand on that a little?

I've never used the app, so I have no information about the last two statements

jacque

Re: Issues with Unit 2, Lesson 7 Assignment

Post by jacque » Mon May 04, 2020 5:30 pm

On Mac, duplicating objects is Option-drag.

I think LC does a disservice to new users by not displaying menumode in the property inspector. It does exist, but LC has set up all the "different" buttons in the tool palette which already have their menumode set.

LC actually has only one button object and one field object. The different variations you see in the palette are just using different properties. If you want to change the menumode of a button you can still do it from the message box. The same is true for any other properties that aren't in the inspector.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “LiveCode University”