Need Icon Creator

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

alittlenightmusic

Need Icon Creator

Post by alittlenightmusic » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:12 pm

LiveCode is desperately in need of an Icon Creator/Editor. Existing icons (especially the old MetaCreations) are barely usable from any sort of current UI design standpoint. Existing icon creation methods are bassackwards in the extreme. I mean, really, I have to do all that to put an icon into my apps? I end up just dropping graphics in and making them buttons instead of selecting an icon, like we should be able to do. It just needs to have a color design palette and some basic graphical tools and then save. Also, it needs to be able to edit/delete existing icons.

Can we put add this request to the next funding go round to see if it's important enough to put some money into? Thanks. Bruce

Klaus

Re: Need Icon Creator

Post by Klaus » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi Bruce,

1. welcome to the forum! :D

2. I do not think we need an icon (bitmap-graphic) creator in Livecode!
"Icons" are actually graphics/images which can be created in any photo/graphics editing app
and imported into Livecode as GIF (even animated) JPEG and PNG (with or wíthout tranparency).

There are so many more important things that need to be incorporated in Livecode that this has actually
very low priority. We still do not have reliable crossplatform audio/video playback capabilities.

Ok, that one works fine on the Mac now, but on WIndow QuickTime ist still required for more or less decent media playback.

But this is my personal opinion :)

Best

Klaus

Return to “Feature Requests”