Apple TVos - Wonder if LiveCode will work

Something you want to see in a LiveCode product? Want a new forum set up for a specific topic? Talk about it here.

Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, robinmiller, kevinmiller

revRider
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Apple TVos - Wonder if LiveCode will work

Post by revRider » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:35 pm

New Apple TV's on their way.

Anyone else wondering if LiveCode is planning on supporting TVos?

Just a silly question.

Thanks
~David

FourthWorld

Re: Apple TVos - Wonder if LiveCode will work

Post by FourthWorld » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:06 pm

If they were to support a settop box I'd like to see them start with the market leader first, Roku.

But even better, Roku's Brightscript scripting language is easy to learn. While the LC team is hard at work on their committed to-do list, maybe a fun and useful project for the community is to make a Roku IDE.
Richard Gaskin
Community volunteer LiveCode Community Liaison

LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems: http://FourthWorld.com
LiveCode User Group on Facebook : http://FaceBook.com/groups/LiveCodeUsers/

PeterS

Post by PeterS » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi,

I just received my Apple TV (2015) Developer kit. Before you begin first update the box with the latest software. Apple is providing nice templates for using the box with TVML and java script. It is nice to build TVOS apps with livecode server as application server. Once you build the boot app for TVOS you can change it all it content (TVML and js) by livecode.

Peter

revRider

Post by revRider » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Peter!

Is there an example for what you are trying to explain, so that I can follow along? I've been waiting for the web version of Livecode/runrev for years, still waiting. Have a livened server, that only gets me so far (at least towards my goals).

I've investing a lot of time and money into LiveCode and would like to continue to support their efforts. - iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux are the OSes I'd like to write for, don't want to get distracted by another one (Roku's... But I also like my Roku!)..

Thanks
~David

Return to “Feature Requests”