This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

Youks
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

1.25 New Features

Post by Youks » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi John,
Too bad my key expired so i couldn't update but in the mean time could you gives us more infos on the new features ?
Do we need to buy another key to move from 1.24 to 1.25 or can we expect any gesture ?

Many Thanks,
Regards.

wizard

Re: 1.25 New Features

Post by wizard » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:58 pm

One area I can confirm this has addressed is a bug involving coexistence between Data Grid Helper and MobGui. If MobGui 1.24 was in use, we could not place a button or icon in a data grid, using Data Grid Helper. When MobGui was closed, we had no problems. LC support confirmed this was an issue. I am most appreciative for the great support we received from both firms to get this resolved.

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: 1.25 New Features

Post by splash21 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:44 pm

The DGH bug was my fault - greedy with the dragdrop message! I've a few other small plugins that I use fairly regularly, but had never got around to adding - someone pointed out recently (over a Skype chat/screen share) that I should be adding them to MobGUI for convenience...

V1.26
It's a small thing, but I prefer being able to right click on a stack and go directly to standalone settings, so I've added it to the bottom of the context menu and also added a button to the main MG card.

iOS options have been added - the first option available is to build an ipa file alongside the app when building for iOS. I used to use testflight, but got fed up of always going via iTunes to fetch the .ipa file, so now create it with LC. I've also got functions to upload the ipa to a web site for installation, so I'll probably throw that into the same area - it's a good time saver.

Android options are in the works - I've been doing some android work recently and had to build without signing, then sign the apk via the command line to get it working. I'll add some functionality to do this automatically (which may be redundant when the LC build/signing stuff gets fixed). Uploading apk files to the web for installing is also handy for android.

AFAIK everything is working now in LC6 and LC7, both community and commercial :D
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Return to “MobGUI”