This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

ludo
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Slider in a scroller

Post by ludo » Tue May 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Hello,

I've two horizontal sliders in the group. This group has a vertical scroller. I've only activated the vertical scroll for this scroller.

But i cannot use the slider smoothly : it stop after few movements (it's like the scroller intercept the movement).

I've put a sample stack to test the problem (tested under android emulator, bluestacks and a real android device).

Thanks
testscroll.livecode.zip
(4.67 KiB) Downloaded 453 times

splash21

Re: Slider in a scroller

Post by splash21 » Tue May 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Try experimenting with the following two properties via the mobileControlSet command...

• canCancelTouches (iOS Only) - Determines whether the scroller is allowed to cancel a touch that has been passed through to the underlying controls when it thinks it is a scroll gesture (maps to the UIScrollView canCancelContentTouches property).

• delayTouches (iOS Only) - Determines whether the scroller delays passing on touch-down events until it has determined whether it is the start of a scroll gesture or not (maps to the UIScrollView delaysContentTouches property). This is a boolean value.

I did a quick test by setting them both to false in your test stack. It works, but not if you move too quickly after the initial touch : the scroller steals the touch if it thinks you're trying to scroll - basically if your finger moves straight after touching. Since the mobile controls sit above the stack, I don't think it's possible to get the message before the scroller.
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

ludo

Re: Slider in a scroller

Post by ludo » Wed May 14, 2014 1:52 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

It seems MobGui is not the responsible.
I've filled a similar bug : http://quality.runrev.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12419 which occur without mobgui.

Return to “MobGUI”