Feature request: Proportionally objects

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

DevBoyLars

Feature request: Proportionally objects

Post by DevBoyLars » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:30 am

Hi there,
it would be very helpfully if there would be an option to set, that single objects only resize proportionally - such as the icons of the icon-button. Which would be very useful, if you build a stack for iPhone 5 and iPad in one.

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Feature request: Proportionally objects

Post by splash21 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Hi, DevBoyLars. If you mean for full screen modes that stretch the display to fit a different aspect ratio, that's what those modes are designed to do. It's like painting a picture then stretching it more in one direction than the other - everything will be affected - fonts, images, text, etc...

It sounds like you want a layout solution - like LiveCode's geometry manager. There's no magic way for an app to know which controls should stay aligned with others, which should be allowed to stretch to fill vacant areas, etc., but you could define a set of rules and apply them to get the desired effect. I know there's already a product in the LiveCode store that does this (NativeGeometry), but I've not checked it out yet.

I've been coding these rules manually recently for apps, but it's definitely something that would be very handy when projects start to get larger! I just need a few more hours in the day and an extra day in the week to look at all these things! :D
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

DevBoyLars

Post by DevBoyLars » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 am

Still no news, hm? :(

ramav

Post by ramav » Mon May 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Hello;
I just purchased the full edition of MobGui and cannot get the icon buttons to "scale" proportionately, i.e., (a) if I resize object using LC edit tools in LC IDE, the icon and text stay the same size while the object rect itself changes size. When installed on an Android device, the icons change, but not proportionately and in fact seem rotated and "squished." I can post or email screen shots if needed. Thanks for your urgent help in resolving this...

DevBoyLars

Post by DevBoyLars » Mon May 11, 2015 7:16 pm

I think there's no help at all... I've got the same problem since... yeah.. since mobGui changed the way it works for LC7.

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed May 13, 2015 4:51 am

if I resize object using LC edit tools in LC IDE, the icon and text stay the same size while the object rect itself changes size
There's this
resizeControl
But you have to write a whole bunch of code to support all your controls.

Simon
I used to be a newbie but then I learned how to spell teh correctly and now I'm a noob!

Return to “MobGUI”