MobGUI V1.21

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

MobGUI V1.21

Post by splash21 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:53 pm

A few changes have been made after suggestions and also some experiences while writing a commercial iOS app. The icon button control palette has been re-arranged to fit everything in (it was getting a bit crowded). There are extra properties to reposition the text label horizontally and vertically when the icon is positioned to the left or right. The vertical positioning of the label also works when the icon is positioned above. I've also made a few other changes to the icon button control to try and keep the vertical alignment of icons and labels when the stack is scaled for different densities/resolutions. While working on the commercial app recently, I noticed that if buttons are touched quickly, the transition to the hilite state and back again looks like a flicker. I thought it would be better if the hilite state remained for a minimum time, so I've added a 'Delayed release' property to the icon button palette. If it's set above zero, the button will remain in the hilited state for that time (millisecs) before returning to the released 'normal' state. If it works well enough and doesn't cause anyone any problems, it can be added to the normal button control as well. I've been using a setting of 250 millisecs for the delayed release and I think it's a nicer effect.

mobguicons-5 has been added - only two new icons at the moment - the smaller, thicker left and right arrows seen in the iOS mail app, etc. Send me any suggestions - I've only got 'Taxi' on the todo list of icons at the moment ;)

(V1.21 fixes a bug where changing themes caused a problem if custom controls were grouped)
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Return to “MobGUI”