Strange behavior of deployment

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

gnor

Strange behavior of deployment

Post by gnor » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:48 pm

Hello everyone!
I've been using livecode for windows and android development. Last week i' ve purchased standard plan for android with pro feature pack, mainly for developing app with the cameraControl and tsNet. I have never been able to have a working application with community version 9.6 and mobilePick. Mainly that is why i purchaused the above.
After setting up everything, started to write an app, using databse on remote server and cameraControl. Tested my application on a device with android 10 with full succes. Next day i opened the same untouched stack, tried to show it to my friend and suddenly cameracontrol never-ever cteated again, without changed anything. Standalone app settings are the same.
Installed jdk and API-s are the same. When testing, there is not any message shows. Right now i am stucked, because after a few approach things got even worth. Other features are beeing ignored by LC, suddenly nothing works, but without amy warnings: on preopenstack filling OptionButton stopped. I have put it in OpenCard handler, worked fine for another try, then stopped working. Amy clue from anyone?
Can not see any reason.....

I have downloaded the newest lc 9.6.9, and the sample stack with the cameraControl . Uninstalled the older version of lc, restarted the pc and install the new one.I've tested the sample stack on android 7, 8, 10,11,12. It does work on 7 and 8 then above it does not.( 9 i have not tried)
What m i missing ?

Thank you
Last edited by gnor on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

gnor

Re: Stramge behavior of deployment

Post by gnor » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:30 am

Thank's to poppin' in!

Would you be more specific?

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Strange behavior of deployment

Post by richmond62 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:31 am

This whole discussion looks a bit odd . . . err; moderators?

gnor

Post by gnor » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:27 pm

Sorry guys !

My second post is a mistake...

Sorry

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:21 pm

I removed the SPAM posting and its poster.
Sorry if that caused a little irritation.

gnor

Post by gnor » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:31 pm

Hello everyone!
I ve installed lc community 9.6.3 and lc standard plan for android 9.6.9 on the same machine.
Can i use them together ?
Comminity version for windows and paid one for android. Am asking, because my old stacks developed with community version wont recognize revmail anymore in the community ide, besides the above mentioned cameracontrol things.
Could anyone point me to any hint?
Thanks

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:49 pm

Yes, you can use several versions of LC. They are independent of each other.

The problems sound like there is a script error that causes LC to abort before it can complete a handler. Do you have any error checking in your scripts? You can also add an errorDialog handler that reports problems so you know what happened.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

gnor

Post by gnor » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:04 pm

Thanks Jacque !

I've donloaded the sample stack for cameracontrol as my last chance. It is working on android 7 phone, not on android 10. Why is it?
All SDK installed from 4.0

Any idea of someone?

psi: revmail works now, after changed the code from
revMail tAdress,tSubject,tBody to revMail quote & tAdress & quote,tSubject,tBody

Return to “Android Deployment”