[Partially Solved]SDK root & JDK path: None

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Lagi Pittas
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: [Partially Solved]SDK root & JDK path: None

Post by Lagi Pittas » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm

Ok so after a good few  hours  "Fun." I still get the dreaded not a valid SDK folder.
I followed this thread https://www.forums.livecode.com/viewtop ... b&start=45

Which after all the tooing a froing leads to this link  
https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=23293

Which tells us that there are files missing and how to download for linux but not where to find and install them on windows.
Any help appreciated because I have no time for throwing "mud" at the wall for a week and seeing what sticks - its not fun anymore.

Lagi

Bernard

Post by Bernard » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:55 pm

What version of Android Studio did you install?

Lagi Pittas

Post by Lagi Pittas » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:08 pm

I am runni9ng windows 10, indy 9.6.4, java 8

Initially I installed arctic fox (the latest) no go. Then I uninstalled arctic fox with loads of problems - the uninstall.exe was corrupted or missing -

After removing with revo uninstaller found the archives and installed android studio 4.1 as in the lesson

https://developer.android.com/studio/archive

Now the lesson shows the sdk in \users\myname\library\android\sdk

I do not see even a hidden library folder but I do find the sdk in the

C:\Users\lagi\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk directory and all the correct APIs and a few extra for good measure.

still get the dreaded message.

I have spend hours on what should be something "anybody can make apps". should be able to do

I have done it before (with difficulty) but by now all the gotchas should have been sorted and in one place by LC Ltd.

I'm really now not a very happy bunny - and the community is left to its own devices, when ANY input by the mothership would help many people and probably save a lot of newbies from jumping ship before they have even dipped their toes in the water.

Lagi

Bernard

Post by Bernard » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:38 pm

Lagi Pittas wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:08 pm
the community is left to its own devices, when ANY input by the mothership would help many people and probably save a lot of newbies from jumping ship before they have even dipped their toes in the water.
So you've read the Lesson. Did you not see Eleanor and Panos helping a user last month, and I joined in to point out that I'd discovered the latest version of Android Studio are broken? If you left your comments there you too would probably get help form LC staff. You've seen for yourself that Google/Windows can't uninstall Android Studio without problems, and that Google removed key components from AS. You seem to expect higher standards from LC Ltd than from the wealthiest corporations in the world.

There are 79 comments on that Lesson, many from LC staff. Personally, if I've done something before and found it convoluted and frustrating, the first thing I'd do before starting down that path again would be to read all the comments on a Lesson (if there is one).

Do you have build-tools\nn.n.n\dx.bat beneath your SDK installation?

What are the values for nn.n.n?

Jim Mac

Post by Jim Mac » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:27 am

Had a similar problem I thought and it's SOLVED?.
Looking to test/build/deploy an Android version of iOS app.

Mobile Support pane showed Android SDK location but the JDK path was blank.
Worked through other issues and now I can test on an Android device. But still no JDK path showing.

LC 9.6.6 (RC-1) and 9.6.5; MacOS Big Sur 11.6.2; Android Studio Arctic Fox 2020.3 Patch 4

As long as Livecode works I don't really care.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 11.53.40 AM.png

Return to “Android Deployment”